Thursday, March 29, 2007

Wine and Soup In Key West



Ever have one of those days where you visit someones site and their food makes you hungry? I had one of those day's yesterday. So I got my lazy butt up and made a big pot of Pasta E Fagioli. I make mine with 2 or 3 different kinds of dried beans, garlic, onions, celery, carrots, lots of different spices, beef broth or for the veggie folks I sometimes use vegetable stock and tiny pasta. I let this simmer all morning because the beans need to cook. When it is ready I add a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese on top. So satisfying and good for you because it has a ton of fiber in it. And I believe anything that simmers on the stove with everyone in the house passing thru asking, "Yum, what is cooking?" is a winner.


The wine I choose was a Fetzer 2005 Valley Oaks Sauvignon Blanc. It is so crisp and clean with hints of lemon. You could pair this wine with the soup, but I had it for my evening wine. I really enjoy this wine as it is a nice way to start the end of your day!


Cheers!

No comments: