Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Lettuce In Key West



Look ! The mesclun is coming up so nicely with the flowers smiling and protecting the newly sprouted greens. Yep, I am excited as another one of my container gems is taking hold. I planted these seeds from "Cook's Garden" on 2/27. We have had nice sunny days and fairly cool nights so these guys are lovin' it. Since I do not have the rabbit, deer and cow munchers that I encountered when I grew lettuce up north, hopefully this mesclun will survive. Oh, that is unless the lizards or some strange bug that I am not familiar with decides to dine at my place. Also these containers are not hugh, but might be just big enough to get me a couple of good crops for my salads.




Not sure if I told you this, but I do have one tomato plant that is doing very well, so far, in the ground ! When I dug the hole for it, I added much needed "real dirt", cut the top off one of my small trees so the morning sun would hit it and am talking to it every single day. Now I am not going to brag on this little dude yet, as I do not want to jinx it. So...more lately on it's progress.




Hope you all are having a marvelous day!


Cheers!


No comments: