Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Monkey Wine In Key West


Monkey Bay Sauvignon Blanc from Marlborough, New Zealand is one of my favorite wines under $10 to share with you. I love the name (there really is a Monkey Bay on the coast of Marlborough in the South Island) and label but really enjoy what is inside the bottle! New Zealand wines, I should state the sauvignon blancs, are very high, like top of my list. Speaking of top of my list, I cannot find a better sauvignon blanc than Cloudy Bay, but the price is a bit out of my pocket for an everyday wine. If I really want to treat myself, I will pick up a bottle. (OK Deb, get back to the wine at hand). I have found that Monkey Bay is not a bad second choice for the price. Sauvignon Blancs from New Zealand have that grassy, down to earth flavor that my palette just loves. Monkey Bay also seems to spotlight great, concentrated, tropical fruit that is very refreshing and this wine has a nice balanced mouth feel to it. Have I convinced you to try a bottle yet?

Cheers!

No comments: