Sunday, April 15, 2007

Sunday Wine & Garden In Key West




My tai peppers are so pretty I just have to share. I know, you are saying, where are they? They are the little green shinny points on the photo, soon to be red shinny points! And, oh boy, are they HOT!!!! Great for cooking in all kinds of dishes.


It was a quiet night on the weekend wine scene last night. Just cooked some shrimp on the "BarB" and had a big Caesar salad to go with it. I take my shrimp in the shell, clean, dry, put into a bowl and drizzle olive oil on and then heavily season with Old Bay seasoning. Mix well with the shrimp and let them sit in the frig for a couple of hours. Fire up the grill and cook those guys in the shells about 2-3 minutes on each side or until they are nice and pink. I then make a dipping sauce of garlic powder and garlic salt, butter, and Worcestershire sauce. Sometimes I cut up one of my lovely peppers and throw that in with the sauce to give it some zip. Then it's peel, dip and eat! Served the Jacobs Creek Semillon Sauvignon Blanc that I spotlighted back in March. Nice full white with a slight hint of the grassy goodness like in most of the "Down Under" sauvignon blancs. It really went well with the shrimp.





Cheers!

No comments: