Saturday, April 21, 2007

Oyster Bay Wine In Key West



Sonadora from Wannabewino got my mouth watering again with her review of a nice Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand, Matua. Therefore I went to the wine rack and pulled out an Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc from Marlborough for the chill. This was the first time I had this wine and, oh my gosh, was I surprised when I opened it. Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc 2006 is a top notch wine for the value. Straw pale liquid greets you as you pour your first glass and the aromas of such concentrated fruit fill your nose. Nicely balanced with lots of fruit, such as grapefruit and lemons. Acidity was nicely crisp and zippy as the wine danced in your mouth. Then I tasted those stony, mineral and grassy flavors that are present in lots of New Zealand Sauvignon Blancs, which then brought me down to earth. Nice firm finish, which leads you to your next sip. I highly recommend this wine to all of you Sauvignon Blanc lovers.




We served this wine with chicken stuffed with mozzarella cheese, prosciutto and sage. The chicken was then wrapped in pancetta and served with a buttery sage sauce with pine nuts. This was accompanied with steamed asparagus with sundried tomatoes. The Oyster Bay went well with this dish but I am sure it would also do well with seafood.


What a nice start to weekend wine.


Cheers!

3 comments:

Sonadora said...

I'll take some of that chicken please! Recipe if you would?

Anonymous said...

The chicken looks gorgeous! Make something similar myself but with pork loin, mortadella and thyme rather than the chicken, parmaham and sage. Will try your version very soon.

winedeb said...

Hey Girls, thanks for the comments on the chicken - it is good and easy. I will post the recipe tomorrow!