Thursday, July 5, 2007

Casal Garcia Wine On The Deck


What a day for a lovely wine from Portugal. But hey, the bottle is empty! Yep, uncorked this friendly wine (check out the shape of the cork!) and it went down so well that I did not get to photograph it until it was all gone! I am speaking of Casal Garcia Vinho Verde produced by Quinto da Aveleda. The variety of grapes used in the wine are Trajadura, Loureiro, Arinto and Azal. Together these grapes produced a delicate, fresh white wine with enjoyable fruit flavors. With only 10.5% alcohol, but nice acidity, this wine actually sparkled in my mouth! I totally enjoyed that effervescence "ting" that played around the palate while sipping. It was a great, light, refreshing wine to start the afternoon BBQ. But by the time the BBQ was ready, no wine was left in this bottle! At $5.99, you cannot beat this great little wine for value. It needs to be served well chilled which makes it a great summer wine for picnics and relaxing on your patio in the late afternoon!

Cheers!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that wine quite a bit myself, though it's been almost a year since I had it last. Thanks for reminding me to go get another bottle.

winedeb said...

Funny that you mentioned that. I was just at our wine store to pick up another bottle and they were out of stock!

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

Pretty label, huh!
I have returned to Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc, because i love it so much, I am glad you recommended it!
I now want some some drink recipes for my ice cream maker, please! You cannot tease me with such a thing and not follow it up!

winedeb said...

I will dig out my ice cream drink recipes for ya. Back to ya soon on those and I promise not to forget. I even made a note to do so. Cannot beat that Oyster Bay! I just bought another bottle myself for the weekend!

Wendy said...

I adore Portuguese green wines. Very light and refreshing. Wonder why thy are called green wine though...
You've been tagged. See my site for details. :)