Sunday, March 18, 2007

Wine Weekend Con't. In Key West


Cool Saturday night - great for home made pizza. Feature wine last night was a "Mirassou" 2005 Sauvignon Blanc. This family has been making wine since 1854 and are located in Modesto, California. So being in the business that long shows us they are doing something right! This was a very nice wine for under $10. It was a nice fruity wine without being sweet, very crisp with a hint of that grapefruit hit that I enjoy. It stood up very well with my pizza. I was going to go with a red, but am glad I chose this wine for the evening.


I made my pizza dough a couple of hours ahead of time so it could rise and be punched down a few times. I spread on my own pizza sauce that I make ahead of time and I freeze in batches that are enough for one pizza at a time. Then I add my toppings of choice for the evening which were thinly sliced onions, a couple of freshly chopped Serrano peppers from my garden, thinly sliced red bell pepper, a few thinly sliced porcinni mushrooms, a few small chopped broccoli florets, a little goat cheese and lots of mozzarella cheese with some freshly grated parmesan on top of that. Pop it into a 425 degree oven for about 10 minutes, and depending how fast the cheese melts, and I am ready for a pizza party !
Cheers!

No comments: