Monday, March 19, 2007

Gardening Cilantro In Key West


Cilantro is one of my favorite herbs and is so easy to grow, as you can see I do mine in containers. It's real name is Coriandrum Sativum and has been around for quite some time. It was introduced to Chinese cooking about AD600, but I use it in all kinds of cuisine. My favorite is in the simple salsa I make with roasted red, green and yellow bell peppers, fresh tomatoes, fresh cayenne pepper from the garden, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper, a pinch of sugar and LOTS of chopped cilantro. Mix all together and let it set for awhile to let the flavors meld together and YUM ! Great on chips, grilled chicken, grilled pork or even a nicely grilled piece of fish. It is very versatile.


Remember, you cannot tell a gardener by their green thumb, but by their brown knees !

Cheers!

No comments: