Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Fall, Apples....


Ah, the Fall Season. And what is flooding the markets right now and everyone is baking with them ? Apples. Oh so many colors, yes different colors, such as red, green, yellow, and all various shades of those colors. Such a lovely fruit! Anyhow, trying to be healthy but yet sooth my craving for apples after reading all the blogs with wonderful cakes, pies, etc., I decided just to make an "apple snack". Does anyone out there, besides me, need a late afternoon pick me up? You know, it's long after lunch and way before dinner...I need a snack! So seeing my stash of apples and looking through the pantry, I started pulling out a few items and here is what I came up with!



The Ultimate Afternoon Snack For Fall

1 apple of your choice, sliced
1 jar of peanut butter
1 box of granola cereal
Dried blueberries and cranberries

Put your sliced apples on a pretty plate, smear your apples with peanut butter, sprinkle with granola and dried fruit. How fast is that!!! And Yum! You are going to like this one!
Mike even said, "wow, this is pretty good"!

Cheers!

7 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

This apple snack would be the perfect afternoon treat. I have lunch, but then the next thing you know it is time to head home from work. Snacking is not on my mind I guess. I might grab a cracker with peanut butter as a snack there. So deprived!!!!

Figs, Bay, Wine said...

I need mid-morning AND mid-afternoon! And these look heavenly for both. What a great idea. Our apples are unbelievably fragrant right now, and I'm just off to the market to get some more. I'll have to stop for some peanut butter too. Thanks for such a great idea!

Cara said...

This take apples and peanut butter to a whole new level. love it!

Belinda said...

Deb, I do indeed love this idea for a sweet, yet healthy snack. And with apples at their finest right now, its a great idea to use them like this. I have become addicted to those Honey Crisp apples...I only ever see them for a few weeks at this time of the year, but when I spy the first of the season to arrive in the produce department, I make a point of eating as many as possible during that short window of opportunity. And the red of that apple with the beautiful green in your plate is just a stunning contrast...I love it! Great photo! :-)

winedeb said...

Hey Valli, I know what you mean about the days going quickly!

Hey Amanda, I did not want to admit it, but I have to have a morning snack also! A bananna usually does it for me.

Hi Cara, actually I think peanut butter goes with alot of fresh fruit. I love it too!

Hey Belinda, even though we can get apples all year, there is just something about them at this time of year!

Gloria Baker said...

First, I love your pictures!!! are so beauty. This apple looks wonderful and nice recipe!! Gloria

winedeb said...

Hi Gloria! Thank you for your nice comment and you will love the apple snack!