Monday, October 22, 2007

Another Great Wine From Chile!


A fairly new blogger friend, Gloria over at Canela's Kitchen, is from a wonderful country for wines, Chile! This is the 2nd Chilean wine I have tasted in the past month and one I would purchase again, especially since it is priced under $10.00! I chilled and popped open a bottle of 2006 Chilensis Reserva Sauvignon Blanc last evening and was treated to a nice party on my palate! Chilensis is from the D.O. of Casablanca Valley, but the grapes, 100% Sauvignon Blanc, were from their Nilahue Vineyard in the Colchagus Valley. On opening the bottle, I caught the lovely aroma of grapefruit and a touch of lemon. Fresh and crisp on the palate was the nice tart flavor of gooseberries that lent themselves to a nice balanced finish. This wine is produced and bottled by VIA Wines of Chile. They have a beautiful web site that has nice photos of the vineyards and countryside of Chile. As you can see, we enjoyed the wine so much before dinner that I did not get a photo of the actual wine till it was all gone! So for dinner, I had to pull out another wine that I told you about a few weeks ago, Redwood Creek.



Speaking of Redwood Creek Wine, I have to show you a fun marketing item of that wine. Take a look at these corks. Yes, they are plastic but look at what is printed on them. They call them Adventure Tools! Adventure Tool #12 they call Yosemite and it has a picture of a mountain on it. They call it the GPS Hike with 1) 37 degrees, 43' 30" Latitude, 2) 119 degrees, 38' 00" Longitude, 3) Look up at El Capitan! That is the mountain on the cork! Adventure Tool #19 they call Bobber and it has a picture of, I guess you would call it a bobber. 1) Insert eyebolt, 2) Thread fishing line, 3) Cast! So see, you can make a fishing bobber out of the cork! Too Cool are these "Adventure Tools"! Not only do you get a good wine, the corks are very useful! What will they think of next!


Cheers!!!!

8 comments:

Thistlemoon said...

I really enjoy Chilean wines. They are so good with so many types of food and so drinkable! Cin Cin!

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

I like the sound of that Sauvignon Blanc, I will look out for it. The corks are cool!

Gloria Baker said...

Debs, you know I love sooo the saugvignon blancs, really almost all whites wines (are so fresh for this time, we are at spring), I love your comments, and thanks a lot for the mention, you really know about wines.xxxxxGloria

Gloria Baker said...

Debs, I forget to tell you that in this moment the vineyerad's leaves are growing (spring) they looks beautiful, I live near of someones, I have some little in my houses, so little yet. xxxGloria

Lucy said...

Fantastic Deb.

Those corks are brilliant!

winedeb said...

Hi Jenn, I agree!

Hey Holler, watch the corks in your wine bottles. They are coming up with some cool ones!

Hi Gloria, I am really enjoying your country's wines! I bet the vines are great looking now that Spring has arrived for you!

Hi Lucy, Cannot wait to see the ones you found in Spain!

Belinda said...

I'm sticking to the list, Deb! :-) I have been in a blue mood the past week or so, and I never ventured out to get a bottle of wine over the weekend, but I'm trying to perk up, so will hopefully try one this weekend.

winedeb said...

Belinda, hope you are getting "perked-up" again! Get out there and get yourself a nice bottle of wine and COOK! Food and wine always makes my day!